Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
This Multi-Year Accessibility Plan (“Plan”) is prepared in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (“AODA”).
The Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulations (“IASR”) under the AODA require that Aviso Wealth Inc. (“Aviso”) establish, implement, maintain and document its accessibility policies and multi-year accessibility plan, which outlines our strategy for preventing and removing barriers for persons with disabilities and to meet our requirements under the IASR.
Statement of Commitment
Aviso is committed to treating people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the AODA. We welcome feedback in relation to this Plan, in the format most convenient to the person providing feedback. Our Accessibility Policy and Multi-Year Accessibility Plan are available under the Legal link on our website at www.aviso.ca. This policy applies to all employees and clients of Aviso, and where indicated, to any independent contractors working for Aviso.
Information on Communications
Aviso is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
Accessible Websites and Content
Aviso’s website and web content conform to Level A of the Worldwide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0). Aviso will ensure that all of its website complies with WCAG 2.0 Level AA by 2021. Further detail on Aviso’s commitment to digital accessibility is provided in our Accessibility Policy.
Feedback, Accessible Formats and Communication Supports
Aviso has processes for receiving and responding to feedback which are accessible to customers with disabilities. Feedback, including complaints, will be accepted in the format most convenient to the person providing feedback, including phone, mail, fax or email. Upon request Aviso will:
- provide or arrange for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports for persons with disabilities, in a timely manner;
- consult with the person making the request to determine the suitability of the accessible format or communication supports; and
- notify the public regarding the availability of accessible formats and communication supports.
Accessible Emergency Information
Aviso is committed to providing customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary
Aviso will provide training to employees on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees. We will keep and maintain a record of the training provided, including the dates that the training was provided and the names of individuals to whom it was provided. Aviso will provide additional training where changes are made to its policies.
Aviso is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. We will take the following steps to notify the public and our employees that, when requested, Aviso will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes.
- Review and, as necessary, modify existing recruitment, assessment, and selection procedures.
- Specify that accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities in recruitment-related materials and during scheduling of interviews and assessments.
- If an applicant requests accommodation, consult with the applicant and arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s needs due to disability.
- Develop and provide appropriate training to employees responsible for recruitment, assessment, selection, and on-boarding to ensure these planned actions are delivered, and accommodation requests are fulfilled in an effective and timely manner.
- When making offers of employment, notify the successful applicant of Aviso’s policies for accommodating people with disabilities.
Informing Employees of Supports and General Provision of Accessible Formats and Communications Supports
- Inform all current employees and new hires of Aviso’s policies supporting employees with disabilities, including but not limited to, policies on the provision of job accommodations that take into account an employee’s needs due to disability.
- Provide information as soon as practicable to new employees and inform all employees of any changes to the policies with respect to job accommodations for disabilities.
- Where an employee with a disability so requests it, Aviso will provide or arrange for provision of suitable accessible formats and communications supports for:
- Information that is needed in order to perform the employee’s job.
- Information that is generally available to employees in the workplace.
- Aviso will provide individualized workplace emergency response information to employees with disabilities if we are aware of the employee’s disability and the need for such accommodation.
- If such an employee requires, and consents to, assistance during an emergency, Aviso will provide such assistance and provide the individualized emergency response to information to the person designated to assist.
- Provide such information as soon as practicable after Aviso becomes aware of the need for accommodation due to an employee’s disability and review such information when the employee moves to a new location, when the employee’s overall accommodation needs or plans are reviewed, and when Aviso reviews its general emergency response policies.
Document Individual Accommodation Plans/Return to Work from Disability-Related Leaves
- Develop and have in place a written process for the development of documented individual accommodation plans for employees with disabilities.
- Review and, as necessary, modify and document existing return to work processes for employees who have been absent from work due to a disability and require accommodation in order to return to work. Aviso will ensure that the existing policies outline steps to be taken to facilitate the return to work of employees because of a disability and use documented individual accommodation plans.
- Ensure documented individual accommodation plans comprise part of the return to work and that the documented individual accommodation plans include the following elements:
- The manner in which the employee requesting accommodation can participate in the development of the plan.
- The means by which the employee is assessed on an individual basis.
- The manner in which Aviso can request an evaluation by an outside medical or other expert, at Aviso’s expense, to assist in determining if and how accommodation can be achieved.
- Steps being taken to protect the privacy of the employee’s personal information.
- The frequency with which individual accommodation plans will be reviewed and updated and the manner in which this will be done.
- The reasons for any denial if an individual accommodation plan is denied.
- The means of providing the individual accommodation plan in a format that takes into account the employee’s accessibility needs.
- Any individualized workplace emergency response information that is required.
- Accessible formats and communication supports that have been provided for or arranged, in order to provide the employee with information that is needed to perform their job and any information that is generally available to employees in the workplace.
- Any other accommodations that are to be provided.
- Develop and provide appropriate training to managers and other employees responsible for supporting the return-to-work process for colleagues who require accommodation in order to return to work, and a training schedule for the same that will ensure effective execution of the return-to-work process on a continuous basis.
Performance Management, Career Development and Redeployment
- Aviso will take into account the accessibility needs and individual accommodation plans of employees with disabilities in its performance management process, when providing career development to, and when redeploying or reassigning employees with disabilities.
- Review and, as necessary, modify existing performance management, career development and redeployment processes.
- Develop and provide appropriate training to managers and other employees responsible for implementing performance management, career development and advancement, and redeployment processes.
Design of Public Spaces
Aviso will meet Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making a significant modification to our waiting area. In the event of service disruption, we will notify the public of the service disruption and alternatives available.
For More Information
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact our Accessibility Officer or client service team:
Toll free: 1.888.545.5959
Aviso Wealth Inc.
151 Yonge Street, Suite 1200
Toronto, ON M5C 2W7
Attention: Accessibility Officer
700 – 1111 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 4T6
Attention: Accessibility Officer